Monday, May 24, 2010

Now I can do one better


Than the snow on the hills a few miles up the road on Saturday....

How about snow all over everything?

It's May 24th and it's snowing. Not snow floating down and not sticking snowing, but real live big fat flakes snowing. And we lucked out-a little further up the road from here, it's coming down even harder. 3-6 inches! Ack!

It's like one big bad joke. Let's hope those water walls in the garden do their job....

But the good news? It's supposed to be 80 degrees on Wednesday.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

I can't believe that's all you have! We got a lot....but it might be melted now that it's sunny. Weird. What a buzz kill.

~LL~ said...

We hit 92 today.... nice and pleasant for this time of year

Unknown said...

That is CRAZY!! I thought about ya'll when I heard the weather though!

Celeste said...

No joke...I almost started crying when I looked out and saw snowflakes the size of quarters!! I was so glad that it had all melted by noon! Greg said when he left early that morning he had to clean off several inches off his car!

Spring??? Where are you???

Tiffany said...

Sadly, I dont think my garden survived!

Utah Mom said...

I love the spring snows because I know that in a few hours it will all melt and then it will be too hot again. It's the first snow of winter that depresses me.

We also learned a few years ago that you can't plant your garden until June and then you still better be prepared to cover in case of frost and freeze. Two years ago it frosted on Father's Day and last year we had an early frost on August 16th. Gardening in EM is an interesting experience.

Catey said...

We lost everything we planted before June last year, but b/c we had to replant so late we lost a lot of it to that early frost! We thought we'd be brave and plant in May this year, but everything was covered so we are keeping our fingers crossed! The peppers and tomatoes look like they held up well in the water walls, and we'll see if the top half of the milk jugs do the trick with the others......Sure hope so! Interesting is very accurate. :)