Monday, January 12, 2009

Interview with a vampire, oops, er, with ME

I found this fun little thing over at my friend Lisa's blog. I figured I'd let her see what she could throw at me, so she e-mailed me 5 questions that I will now attempt to answer. Here we go!

1. When/ how will you know that your family is complete?
You mean one day I have to stop having babies? : ) Honestly, I'll just know. You know that head count that you constantly do when you are out in public with your kids to make sure they are all there? We do it ALL the time. Out in pulic, at church, at home, ALL the time. And someone is always missing. We end up recounting a couple of times to make sure everyone is there, and as we run through each of the kids we realize that everyone who is here is there, but it's very obvious that someone is still missing. Once we count heads and don't recount with that panic feeling of "who's not here?", we'll be done. That will be an interesting feeling after all these years of feeling like someone is missing!

2. How do you like having the bigger kids in public school?
This year it's actually just Malia and Jacob in PS, Taylor and Alaina are doing online school here at home. Honestly, there are some things I adore about PS and some things that I abhor about it, but this year I'm very happy with those two being there. Jacob has the best K teacher that has ever walked the planet (seriously-I adore this woman!), and Malia is really enjoying herself. (just for the record her teacher seems like a great guy, I just don't know him as well as I know Jacob's) Admittedly, there are some days that I wish all 4 of the older kids were there, but there really are just as many days that I wish they were all still homeschooled. It depends on the day. : )

3. What do you look forward to most in 2009?
High School Musical 3 on dvd! Feb 17th! Woo-hoo!
Just kidding.  um, kind of. ; )
There are so many fun things coming up that I'm looking forward to this year! I'm excited for the fun milestones that Charlotte will reach, there are so many exciting milestones that happen this first year. I am actually looking forward to completing the dreaded triathlon, but right now I'm MOST looking forward to Southern California in about 6 weeks. Mom and Dad spoiled us with a trip to Disneyland for Christmas, so we'll drive down to So Cal the last days of Feb and they'll fly out and meet us there for a couple of days. I am SO excited!!! (yes that would be 3 exclamation points Aaron) And even better, this will be the first time ever that I will get to finally ride the roller coaster at California Adventure! Every time we've been there since it was built I've been pregnant, except one year and it was shut down that year. I'm a roller coaster junkie so I'm really looking forward to that.

4. What is your favorite quality within yourself?
Nice question Lisa! Heck, I don't know! I guess giving people the benefit of the doubt? I feel like in general I try to be optimistic about life and especially about people, figuring that there is always a reason for the way they are or the things they do, and if we just knew what it was and where they were coming from, we'd understand them better. And until we know more about them we'd best not make assumptions or judgements. Though I will admit I have had plenty of moments of just jumping to my own conclusions, I really try not to do that b/c enough people have done that to me in the past and usually end up with a completely wrong picture of who I really am.

5. What is the best and craziest comment you’ve ever gotten in regard to your *cough* large *cough* family?
The most common thing we hear is either "don't you know how that happens?" or "you've got your hands full!" People aren't as clever as they think they are! So honestly I love hearing what else people can come up with!
The best would of course be anything positive-usually from old people complementing us on "such a beautiful family" or "good for you, what a blessing to have so many children" or things like that. Those really just make my day.
The craziest was probably when someone offered to buy us cable TV so we had something else to do! lol :P

Want to be part of it? Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! I'm in!

Heidi said...

I just learned a little bit more about you! That's great! Feel free to interview me.

Rheanna said...

scary as your questions could be, I'm in too! It's just like taking a survey-can't say no :o)

Kerri said...

Okay, I'm in. I need something interesting to update my blog.

Shilo said...

I'm a sucker...
Go for it!

Hollie Wood said...

I'd love to be interviewed!! So glad I found your blog! :)